|Science SOL 4.7
The Sun - Our Energy Source
|THE SUN IS A VERY HOT STAR!
- average-sized star
- only one in our solar system
- center of our solar system
- made of mostly hydrogen gas
- temperature is 10,000°F
If you could travel from the Earth to the Sun you would go 93,000,000 miles!
The gravitational pull of the sun is so strong,
it holds all of the objects in the solar system on a path around it!
EXPLORE OUR SOLAR SYSTEM...
Picture taken from:
The sun is 870,000 miles in diameter (one end to another through the middle on a circle)
The sun is about 4.6 billion years old (4,600,000,000)
The sun is different from the planets because
- it is bigger than all the planets and
- it looks yellow from Earth
The Sun is wider than 100 Earths!